Monday, January 8, 2018

Moving into 2018


Quote from George Saunders 



so it's 2018 and I'm feeling a slow move, a stroll, a pondering graze into the new year, a little hesitant, a bit uncertain, WHERE am I Going? WHAT do I want to Continue?....last year so many awesome creative new experiences happened, I galloped and NOW WHAT? what if it ends what if that was it.... see my thoughts have been creeping around my brain and tugging at my heart. Today I am back at home after a long 2 plus week break. I know from the past that when I am NOT practicing drawing, writing, making in some art form, that my thoughts have a tendency to generate doubt. My one remedy it to continue, get back in where I left off, start moving those hands. Splash some paint down, toss some words out, and shake it up. The only way to discover and reconnect with my WHAT and WHERE and WHY is to head semi-blindfolded in that direction with heart open to trust.. THE PROCESS will guide and help me.

The horse collage sketch book image and quote by George Saunders (great writer) above don't really have any correlation other then they were in a file on my computer called blog and I like both of them. Sometimes we just need to put something down to begin.....again.

This year I invite new creative collaborations, opportunities to share my art, writing, discoveries in any form they choose to take.
 However, picture books, sculptures, and prints are in my wide angled focus at the moment, we shall see how it evolves. 

Wishing the creative in you a delightful, fruitful, juicy journey in 2018! 
Whether you walk, gallop, stroll, or graze, may you discover your unique flavor of magic.
If you want to collaborate on something,,,, send me a note, would love to see what we can make together!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment