Thursday, January 2, 2020

How

                        This morning I return to a few morning practices that some how over the past few months got neglected. One of them is morning pages.  I sit down to write. Just get my hand writing and moving across the page. and through this process allow the morning to evolve into what it wants. This is what I tell myself. Dust off. It's movement really, all in different forms. I write for 3 pages, it feels good, an old friend. I don't clean my desk, there are markers and pens and remnants of collage pieces. I pick up this little circle of a rower with a pink head.  I want to use it. To place it somewhere, to glue it down. So I open to any page and glue it in the center. There is a yellow oil pastel also on my desk. Spiral. My hand wants to spiral out, So I spiral out from rower with yellow oil pastel. I want to write something, there is a message from me to me,  I think what is it, keep going, Instead ...I write keep growing, for the process knows more then me. And then i see . looky here, row is in grow,,,, its all connected. And if I had stopped to think this morning, do I feel like sitting down to practice or not, then I wouldn't have had that little moment of discovering delight. So Keep going towards GROWing sometimes without KNOWing what it is you are going towards. Move to be moved!


No comments:

Post a Comment