Monday, October 30, 2017

Shifting Creative Focus



What do you do when you feel your creative energy is scattered? Starts and stops and not able to get into anything. That is how I've been feeling the last few days. This morning I decided to look at my scattered energy. I could let it continue to scatter and be ok with that or be pissed by it OR give it something specific to do that has no thought and will maybe draw it into a more intentional way which will hopefully fuel the rest of the day. I did all three of those OR choices. I'm currently fresh after the last one where I discovered this, drawing targets. Somehow this little exercise shifted my energy. All I needed to do was draw target after target, circle after circle,  I even allowed myself to do a triangle target. This one page focus practice is helping for the moment, may need to do it again after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment