Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Shine Time Journal, Lilla Rogers Bootcamp


(the one i submitted)


(now: playing with new colors which i could do forever)

 
                                                 (sketches from the mini assignment)


I'm participating in Lilla Rogers illustration Bootcamp.
 I did it last year and really enjoyed it so i'm back for more exploring 
and working to create some fresh images.
One of the main reasons I like the Bootcamp is to use my skills and drawing love in new ways. This assignment was to create a journal cover with an Edwardian jewel inspired theme. This would be a dream job as I'm a notebook keeper. Have about 5 or more various idea, scribble, sketch book holders at one time. When I was making this journal I was thinking about an exercise I do often at night. It is to find the one moment in my day that for some reason delighted my whole being. It can be anything, that one second when I was writing and felt a word fly out onto the page without any effort, watching a woman in a red hat on the bus, spinning wildly in the snow with my dog and two boys and feeling completely immersed in something greater than myself, or eating a yummy soup. Sometimes that moment is easy to find, and other days I sift through the day to rediscover and acknowledge that one tiny shining moment that feels timelessly in tune with the life I'm continually creating.

to check out the other boot campers journals 
go to:



No comments:

Post a Comment