Friday, June 28, 2019

Do-able End Points



I give myself Do-ables when I feel like I am spinning empty wheels not really gaining any momentum on any project. A Do-able is something I CAN complete and DO. It's not running the whole marathon, writing a whole book, cleaning out the whole house, it is writing for 10 minutes, maybe even 5, maybe even just opening up a notebook. It is taking a 10 minute walk, it is organizing one drawer. It is a tiny step or goal. Even though I love being in the process, sometimes to counterbalance that I feel the need to place an end point within reach to feel a sense of completion.
Giving myself a Do-able recharges my buttons and creative batteries, it juices the whole system to get moving again and experience a moment of DID IT even if it is not perfect or that great... it is done.
This feeling helps to channel my energy and create focus so I can continue.


One Do-able today was to get on this slightly neglected blog and write something. Anything.
And it had to be done within 10 minutes.
So I think I've done it
folks. Or Folk.
with a minute or two to STARE .......



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kara, love this idea of yours, i am going to adopt it, give myself a Do-able.
    I love your blog, have spent some time looking over your archive. Discovered you some months ago... Carol A. Oxford, OH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol!
      Hope you are giving yourself some DO-ables.
      Tiny steps within reach.
      have a great day!

      Delete