Tuesday, May 15, 2018

move it move it move it

yeah this morning as I was heading home from my morning walk with my dog Rufus, I put music on my headphones and noticed how my body turned on instantly----to move---in a different way. It  became lit from within to move it groove it mooooove it. A little sway at first and then shoulders rolling hips too. And a bit later at home when I began to draw in my journal I was reminded that movement is necessary it is an expression it is creation. Mark making has an energy it's own. Like the body listening to music it wants to do it's own thing...so once again learning and giving space for that to happen.

Take a moment today, put on music, and let your body do what it wants with crayon marker paint in hand or just a wave to the paper may be enough to reignite that creative swirl inside you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment