Tuesday, June 16, 2015

SCBWI NJ conference- Thank You!


This weekend I went to the New Jersey SCBWI conference. This was the image I showed in the illustration show. When I learned about the theme for this year I got a bit huffy and puffy. 
Talked to my computer. More like complained.
"Ugh..., Once Upon a Time, I do not, do not, do not like it."
After a few days when the theme remained the same, I felt 
 my pencil, my computer, my sketchbook,  someone- something, was talking back. 
"So you don't like it, well what are you going to do about it?!" Somehow this was an invitation and a command at the same time. Turns out I can use my huffin' and puffin' to flip things around.
See ya later big bad wolf!

Thanks to NJ SCBWI for putting together an amazing weekend with so many opportunities to learn, connect, share with other illustrators and writers. Every time I sat down I met someone new and enjoyed hearing where they were on their children's book making journey. 

huge bonus-Thrilled to say that I won the pre-published illustrator award.
Here are is a link to see all the illustrations from the Once Upon A Time show.





No comments:

Post a Comment