I am inspired by many many artists and people. There are books I read, images, paintings, music. It is everywhere to breathe. Sometimes it is actually overwhelming, there is so much amazing creation created and being created all the time. I am in constant awe intrigue wonder and delight with artists/ writers and their devotion to their work. Once read something from the artist Annette Messenger who also has fed me visually with her mixed media. She writes:
"Influence-I think it's a sort of nourishment you take from other artists-its like the little sparrows, they are needy like that. When you're young, you take in from a lot of sources; and afterwards, with all you've seen, you never know where it all comes from, where you stop and it begins."
One day I may make a real list of all the artists that I feel have fed me. Until then since I have been focusing on creating children's picture books I thought I would share 3 illustrators whose work definitely delights me and sends me grabbing for my pencil again.
1. Beatrice Alemagna LOVE! http://www.beatricealemagna.com
check out this video http://vimeo.com/86654508
2. Anne Herbaut http://www.ricochet-jeunes.org/illustrateurs/initiale/H/auteur/900-anne-herbauts
3. Isabelle Arsenault http://www.isabellearsenault.com
ok 1 more
4. Oliver Jeffers http://www.oliverjeffers.com
just 1 more
5. Kveta Pacovska http://www.minedition.com/en/illustrator_detail.php?id=26