Monday, December 19, 2011

More than a Pondering

This morning while working on some prints I was listening to Milton Glaser give a talk with Creative Mornings.  There was a moment when I just stopped and rewound and pressed played, rewound and pressed played, rewound and pressed played, rewound and pressed played. I am not sure if he is reading this from a book but I love it. When I hear something that I have never heard before expressed before in such a way but in hearing it know that I have felt this experience, I some how feel myself be recognized and in this listening feel deep encouragement.
This is what i hear:
" in the act of creating what turns out to be their best work, the artist often experiences a sense of doubt or confusion. How could it be otherwise?
"CERTAINTY IS THE CLOSING OF THE MIND. 
  TO CREATE THE NEW REQUIRES DOUBT."

No comments:

Post a Comment